Biologics have revolutionized – and are revolutionizing – the treatment of many serious disorders. The evidence acquired from more than 10 years of clinical experience, with more than 50 biosimilar drugs and more than 700 million patient-days' exposure in Europe, shows that approved biosimilars can be used as safely and effectively as originator biologics. Yet concerns persist about biosimilars – particularly in curative cancer treatment, where they are relatively recent therapeutic options. 'Fast Facts: Biosimilars in Hematology and Oncology' provides a concise overview of emerging global practice in this fast-moving area together with practical information on adding biosimilars to a formulary and switching patients.
• Biologics and the need for biosimilars
• Why do we need biosimilars?
• How is the quality of biosimilar medicines assured?
• Legal issues
• Switching, interchangeability and extrapolation
• Safety and pharmacovigilant
• Global issues
• Formulary considerations: pharmacy issues
• Formulary considerations: supportive care biosimilars
• Formulary considerations: therapeutic anti-cancer biosimilars
• Communication and awareness
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.