Ensure you thoroughly understand the most important issues you’ll face when entering practice! Loved for its humor, readability, and inviting cartoons, Nursing Today: Transitions and Trends, 10th Edition helps you to prepare for the NCLEX-RN® - while giving you valuable information to succeed throughout your career. It reflects current issues and trending topics that nurses will face, ensuring that you not only graduate with patient care skills, but also with career development skills such as resume writing, finding a job, and effective interviewing. The 10th Edition features major content updates on Workplace Issues, Nursing Informatics, Cultural and Spiritual Awareness and Ethical Issues, and evidence-based practice boxes throughout to help you focus on the research evidence that supports clinical practice. Additionally, it includes test-taking tips for the NCLEX-RN® Examination and updated Evolve resources for students with new review questions and case studies.
New to this edition
NEW! Personal Management chapter revised and expanded to include information about mindfulness and tips for practicing mindfulness.
UPDATED! NCLEX®-RN information reflects the 2019 Exam with information on the enhanced nurse licensure (eNLC) compact and the next generation NCLEX-RN project.
UPDATED! Nursing Education chapter includes information about current trends in academic progression with a focus on concurrent enrollment programs.
NEW! Conflict Management chapter includes expanded content about sexual harassment, in the workplace 4setting.
NEW! Expanded Workplace issues chapter has been expanded on the subjects of bullying and incivility and safe patient handling.
NEW! Nursing Informatics chapter greatly expanded to include emerging information and communication technologies (patient engagement, robotics, and artificial intelligence) used in healthcare.
UPDATED! Cultural and Spiritual Awareness chapter includes strategies for building cultural and linguistic competency skills and practicing cultural sensitivity in the workplace setting.
NEW! Expanded Ethical Issues chapter includes content on involuntary commitment and professional boundaries as current issues impacting nursing.
Table of Contents:
Unit I: Professional Growth and Transition
1. Role Transitions
2. Personal Management: Time and Self-Care Strategies
3. Mentorship, Preceptorship, and Nurse Residency Programs
4. Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes and Interviewing
5. NCLEX-RN Exam and the New Graduate
Unit II: Nursing: A Developing Profession
6. Historical Perspectives
7. Nursing Education
8. Nursing Theories
9. Professional Image of Nursing
Unit III: Nursing Management
10. Challenges of Nursing Management and Leadership
11. Building Nursing Management Skills
12. Effective Communication, Team Building, and Interprofessional Practice
13. Conflict Management
14. Delegation in the Clinical Setting
Unit IV: Current Issues in Health Care
15. The Health Care Organization and Patterns of Nursing Care Delivery
16. Economics in the Health Care Delivery System
17. Political Action in Nursing
18. Collective Bargaining: Traditional (Union) and Nontraditional Approaches
19. Ethical Issues
20. Legal Issues
Unit V: Contemporary Nursing Practice
21. Cultural & Spiritual Awareness
22. Quality Patient Care
23. Nursing Informatics
24. Using Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research
25. Workplace Issues
26. Emergency Preparedness
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.