Gain a strong foundation in the field of orthotics and prosthetics! Orthotics and Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 4th Edition is a clear, comprehensive, one-stop resource for clinically relevant rehabilitation information and application. Divided into three sections, this text gives you a foundation in orthotics and prosthetics, clinical applications when working with typical and special populations, and an overview of amputation and prosthetic limbs. This edition has been updated with coverage of the latest technology and materials in the field, new evidence on effectiveness and efficacy of interventions and cognitive workload associated usage along with enhanced color photographs and case studies - it’s a great resource for students and rehabilitation professionals alike.
New to this edition
NEW! Color photographs improve visual appeal and facilitates learning.
NEW! Increased evidence-based content includes updated citations; coverage of new technology such as microprocessors, microcontrollers, and integrated load cells; new evidence on the effectiveness and efficacy of interventions; and new evidence on cognitive workload usage.
NEW! Authors Kevin K Chui, PT, DPT, PhD, GCS, OCS, CEEAA, FAAOMPT and Sheng-Che (Steven) Yen, PT, PhD add their expertise to an already impressive list of contributors.
Table of Contents:
Part I: Building Baseline Knowledge
1. Orthotics and Prosthetics in Rehabilitation: Multidisciplinary Approach
2. Aging and Activity Tolerance
3. Motor Control, Motor Learning, and Neural Plasticity in Orthotic and Prosthetic Rehabilitation
4. Evidence-Based Approach to Orthotic and Prosthetic Rehabilitation
5. Clinical Assessment of Gait
6. Materials and Technology
7. Footwear: Foundation for Lower Extremity Orthoses
Part II: Orthotics in Rehabilitation
8. Foot Orthoses
9. Principles of Lower Extremity Orthoses
10. Neurological and Neuromascular Disease Implications for Orthotic Use
11. Orthoses for Knee Dysfunction
12. Orthoses in Orthopedic Care and Trauma
13. Orthoses for Spinal Dysfunction
14. Orthoses in the Management of Hand Dysfunction
15. Orthoses in Burn Care
16. Prescription Wheelchairs: Seating and Mobility Systems
Part III: Prosthetics in Rehabilitation
17. Etiology of Amputation
18. Wound Care for Vulnerable Feet
19. Amputation Surgeries
20. Post-Op/Pre-Prosthetic Care
21. Understanding and Selecting Prosthetic Feet
22. Postsurgical Management of Partial Foot and Syme Amputation
23. Transtibial Prosthesis
24. Transfemoral Prostheses
25. Prosthetic Options for Persons with High and Bilateral Amputation
26. Early Rehabilitation in Lower Extremity Dysvascular Amputation
27. Advanced Rehabilitation for People with Microprocessor Knee Prostheses
28. Athletic Options for Persons with Amputation
29. Children with Limb Deficiency
30. Prosthetic Options for Persons with Upper Extremity Amputation
31. Rehabilitation for Persons with Upper Extremity Amputation
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.