Covering both emerging and proven techniques in this dynamic area of oral health, Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion, 8th Edition is the only textbook that guides you from basic anatomy and function to providing solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal, abnormal, and dysfunctional occlusal relationships and masticatory function and dysfunction. A recognized industry-standard, this book's conservative, cost-effective approach, helps you learn how to achieve treatment goals while keeping the best interests of your patients in mind.
New to this edition
NEW! Updated content includes enhanced research evidence.
NEW! Clinical Photo Updates in Examination Chapter differentiate and strengthen images from the current edition.
NEW! Addition of Expert Consult Site furthers your understanding of treatment goals and outcomes.
Table of Contents:
Part I: Functional Anatomy
1. Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Masticatory System
2. Functional Neuroanatomy and Physiology of the Masticatory System
3. Alignment and Occlusion of the Dentition
4. Mechanics of Mandibular Movement
5. Criteria for Optimal Functional Occlusion
6. Determinants of Occlusal Morphology
Part II: Etiology Considerations of Temporomandibular Disorders
7. Etiology of Functional Disturbances in the Masticatory System
8. Signs and Symptoms of Temporomandibular Disorders
9. History of and Examination for Temporomandibular Disorders
10. Diagnosis of Temporomandibular Disorders
Part III: Treatment of Functional Disturbances of the Masticatory System
11. General Considerations in the Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders
12. Treatment of Masticatory Muscle Disorders
13. Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
14. Treatment of Chronic Mandibular Hypomobility and Growth Disorders
15. Occlusal Appliance Therapy
16. Treatment Sequencing and Diagnostic Algorithms
Part IV: Occlusal Therapy
17. General Considerations in Occlusal Therapy
18. Use of Articulators in Occlusal Therapy
19. Selective Grinding
20. Restorative Considerations in Occlusal Therapy
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.