Keep current with the evolving technology of dental materials! Phillips’ Science of Dental Materials, 13th Edition provides comprehensive, up-to-date information on the materials used in cosmetic and restorative procedures in dentistry. It introduces the physical and chemical properties that are related to selection and use of dental biomaterials, including their composition, mechanical properties, manipulative variables, and the performance of dental restorations and prostheses. This edition adds three new chapters and hundreds of new full-color photographs. Written by dental scientists Chiayi Shen and H. Ralph Rawls along with prosthodontist Josephine Esquivel-Upshaw, this leading text/reference helps dentists select the right materials for oral procedures and helps dental labs ensure high-quality restorations.
NEW! Three new chapters are added: Digital Technology in Dentistry, In Vitro Research of Dental Materials, and Clinical Research of Restorations.
Table of Contents:
PART I: GENERAL CLASSES AND PROPERTIES OF DENTAL MATERIALS
1. Overview of Preventive and Restorative Materials
2. Structure of Matter, General Classes of Materials and Principles of Adhesion
3. Chemical and Physical Properties of Solids
4. Mechanical Properties of Solids
PART II: DIRECT RESTORATIVE MATERIALS
5. Resin-Based Composites
6. Bonding Mechanism and Bonding Agents
8. Dental Amalgams
PART III: INDIRECT RESTORATIVE MATERIALS
10. Ceramic-Based Materials
11. Prosthetic Polymers and Resins
12. Dental Implants
PART IV: FABRICATION OF PROSTHESES
13. Auxiliary Materials
14. Casting Investments and Casting Procedures
15. Digital Technology in Dentistry NEW!
16. Finishing and Polishing Prostheses
PART V: ASSESSING DENTAL RESTORATIONS
18. In Vitro Research of Dental Materials NEW!
19. Clinical Research of Restorations NEW!
20. Emerging Technologies
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.