Reader-friendly and organized by body system, Veterinary Medical Terminology, 3rd Edition helps you quickly gain a solid understanding of veterinary terminology. Essential word parts and terms are presented in the context of basic anatomy, physiology, and disease conditions, giving you the tools to immediately apply new terminology to practical clinical situations. This new edition features learning exercises at the end of each chapter to reinforce content and test your knowledge, challenging you to go beyond simple memorization and become fluent in the language of veterinary medicine. Updated coverage includes advancements in the vet tech field, new medications, treatments of today’s most prevalent diseases, and the latest procedures in orthopedics. With additional online material that reinforces the text, this third edition is an essential resource for learning the medical terms and basic principles of veterinary medicine.
New to this edition
NEW! Coverage of the latest advancements in the vet tech field, include all-new drugs, today’s most prevalent diseases, and state-of-the-art procedures in orthopedics.
NEW and UNIQUE! Learning exercises at the end of each chapter test your students’ knowledge and challenge them to use newly learned terms.
Table of Contents:
1. Fundamentals and Applied Directional Terminology
2. Body Building: Applied Atomic, Molecular and Cellular Terminology
3. Applied Terminology for Blood, Lymphatics and Immunity
4. Applied Musculoskeletal Terminology
5. Applied Cardiovascular and Respiratory Terminology
6. Applied Urinary Terminology
7. Applied Digestive Terminology
8. Applied Terminology for the Integumentary System
9. Applied Reproductive Terminology
10. Applied Endocrine Terminology
11. Applied Terminology for Neurology and Special Senses
12. Applied Terminology for Pharmacology
Appendix A: Chemical Symbol-Element Cross Reference
Appendix B: Case Study Answer Keys
Appendix C: Table of Introductory Terms
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.