Confidently diagnose, treat, and manage patient conditions with the only comprehensive book on the market devoted solely to equine internal medicine. Filled with fully updated content on principles of treatment and contributions from internationally known equine experts, Equine Internal Medicine, 4th Edition focuses on the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie the development of various equine diseases. A problem-based approach outlines how to apply the latest clinical evidence directly to the conditions you will encounter in practice. A new companion website with over 120 video clips presents diseases and disorders that cannot be explained as well through words.
New to this edition
NEW! Fully updated and revised sections on disorders and principles of treatment.
NEW! Problem-based approach outlines how to apply the latest clinical evidence directly to the conditions you will encounter in practice.
NEW! Pathophysiology is emphasized throughout, providing a sound basis for discussions of the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis that follow.
NEW! Body systems chapters begin with a thorough discussion of the diagnostic method appropriate to the system, including physical examination, clinical pathology, radiography, endoscopy, and ultrasonography.
NEW and UNIQUE! Companion website includes more than 120 video clips linked to content from chapters on cardiovascular and neurologic system disorders.
NEW! Flow charts, diagrams, and algorithms clarify complex material.
Table of Contents:
Part I: Mechanisms of Disease and Principles of Treatment
1. Infection and Immunity
2. Pharmacology: Principles, Antimicrobials, and NSAIDs
3. Recognizing and Treating Pain in Horses
4. Critical Care
5. Internal Medicine and Clinical Nutrition
6. Clinical Epidemiology and Evidence-based Medicine
7. Clinical Approach to Commonly Encountered Problems
Part II: Disorders of Specific Body Systems
8. Disorders of the Respiratory System
9. Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
10. Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System
11. Disorders of the Neurologic System
12. Disorders of the Gastrointestinal System
13. Disorders of the Liver
14. Disorders of the Urinary System
15. Disorders of the Hematopoietic System
16. Disorders of the Endocrine System
17. Disorders of the Eye and Vision
18. Disorders of the Skin
19. Disorders of the Reproductive Tract
20. Disorders of Foals
21. Toxicologic Problems
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.