Behavior Problems of the Dog & Cat, 4th Edition retains the highly practical approach that has proved so successful in previous editions, offering diagnostic guidelines, preventive advice, treatment guidelines and charts, case examples, client forms and handouts, and product and resource suggestions, along with details on the use of drugs and natural supplements to help optimize the behavior services offered in practice.
New to this edition
NEW! Many hot new topics are covered, including fear, anxiety, and stress and their effects on health and behavior, as well as pain and behavior, the psychobiological approach to veterinary behavior assessment, and pets and the family dynamic.
NEW! Updated chapter content is extensively augmented or completely rewritten by new authors, making this more than just a new edition - it’s a new book!
NEW! eBook version is included with print purchase which allows access to all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Online access also includes handouts and forms, drug dosing, and a comprehensive directory of resources.
Table of Contents:
1. Behavior Medicine and the Veterinary Team
2. Development, Social and Communicative Behavior
3. Pet Selection and the Genetics of Behavior
4. Pets and the Family Dynamic
5. Prevention: The Best Medicine
6. All Body Systems Affect Behavior
7. Physiologic Stress and its Effect on Health & Welfare
8. The Effects of Aging on Behavior in Senior Pets
9. Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment
10. Behavioral Treatment Techniques, Behavior Modification, and Learning Theory
11. Pharmacologic Intervention in Behavioral Therapy
12. Treatment-Integrative Medicine
13. Feeding and Diet-Related Problems
14. Fears, Phobias, and Anxiety Disorders
15. Noise Aversion
16. Reducing Fear, Anxiety and Stress in Veterinary Clinics
17. Separation Related Disorders
18. Abnormal Repetitive Behaviors: Stereotypes and Compulsive Disorders
19. Unruly and Destructive Behaviors - Canine
20. Unruly Behaviors, Training, and Management - Cats
21. Canine House Soiling
23. Canine Aggression
24. Feline Aggression
25. The Psychobiological Approach to Problem Behavior Assessment
Appendix A: Behavior Resources
Appendix B: Drug Dosages
Appendix C: List of Online Handouts and Forms
Appendix D: Online Forms and Handouts
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.
Registreer je om een Acco-aandeel aan te kopen of te koppelen en geniet meteen van korting. Inloggen/registreren is ook nodig om bepaalde bestanden te downloaden.Registreer