Understanding the flexibility and limits of behaviour is essential to improving both the horse's welfare and its performance. This book tackles the fundamental principles which will enable owners, riders, trainers and students to understand scientific principles and apply them in practice. Subjects covered include the analysis of influences on equine behaviour, the perceptual world of the horse, learning and training techniques including the latest developments in "join-up" and "imprint training".
Table of contents
PART ONE: Understanding Behaviour Concepts.
1. Approaches to the Study of Behaviour.
2. Origins of behaviour.
3. The Evolutionary History of the Horse.
4. The Lifetime Development of Behavior..
PART TWO: Mechanisms of Behaviour.
5. The processing of Information.
6. The Special Senses.
7. Communication and Social Organisation.
8. Sexual and reproductive behaviour of Horses..
PART THREE: The Flexibility of behaviour and its Management.
9.Learning and Training.
* A readable, practical scientific text at a reasonable price for students and owners
* Other texts dealing with horse behaviour and its management tend to be prescriptive and cannot be universally applied
* Unique qualified authoring team who understand the needs of owners, trainers, students and horses
* Clarification of key concepts through the extensive use of illustrations
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.
Registreer je om een Acco-aandeel aan te kopen of te koppelen en geniet meteen van korting. Inloggen/registreren is ook nodig om bepaalde bestanden te downloaden.Registreer