Master the diagnosis and effective treatment of veterinary neurologic disorders! de Lahunta’s Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology, 5th Edition provides in-depth coverage of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the nervous system. With this knowledge, you will be able to accurately diagnose the location of neurologic lesions in small animals, horses, and food animals. Practical guidelines explain how to perform neurologic examinations, interpret examination results, and formulate treatment plans. Descriptions of neurologic disorders are accompanied by clinical case studies, photos and drawings, and radiographs. Written by neurology experts Alexander de Lahunta, Eric Glass, and Marc Kent, this resource includes hundreds of online videos depicting the patients and disorders described in the text.
New to this edition
NEW case descriptions offer additional practice in working your way through real-life scenarios to reach an accurate diagnosis and an effective treatment plan for neurologic disorders.
NEW! Content updates reflect the latest evidence-based research.
NEW! Clinical photos and illustrations are updated to reflect current practice.
Table of Contents:
2. Neuroanatomy by Dissection
3. Development of the Nervous System: Malformation
4. Cerebrospinal Fluid and Hydrocephalus
5. Lower Motor Neuron: Spinal Nerve, General Somatic Efferent System
6. Lower Motor Neuron: General Somatic Efferent, Cranial Nerve
7. Lower Motor Neuron: General Visceral Efferent System
8. Upper Motor Neuron
9. General Sensory Systems: General Proprioception and General Somatic Afferent
10. Small Animal Spinal Cord Disease
11. Large Animal Spinal Cord Disease
12. Vestibular System: Special Proprioception
14. Visual System
15. Auditory System: Special Somatic Afferent System
16. Visceral Afferent Systems
17. Nonolfactory Rhinencephalon: Limbic System
18. Seizure Disorders: Narcolepsy
20. Uncontrolled Involuntary Skeletal Muscle Contractions
21. The Neurologic Examination
22. Case Descriptions ALL NEW!
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.