Master the evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders! Dysphagia: Clinical Management in Adults and Children, 3rd Edition provides the information you need to diagnose and manage dysphagia in patients of all ages. Emphasizing evidence-based practice, this complete resource covers topics from esophageal disorders to respiratory and iatrogenic disorders. This edition adds a new Aging and Dysphagia chapter and is updated with the latest research and advances in dysphagia management. Written by speech-language pathology educators Michael E. Groher and Michael A. Crary, this guide helps you develop clinical reasoning skills and learn today’s best practices in dysphagia management.
New to this edition
NEW! Aging and Dysphagia chapter examines the increasing evidence that older persons living at home may be at risk for dysphagia without any overt underlying disease.
UPDATED! Treatment for Adults chapter is thoroughly revised.
NEW! Clinical Pearls highlight key information that you need to know to prepare for the clinical setting.
UPDATED content and references throughout reflect the latest research in the field.
Table of Contents:
PART I: FOUNDATIONS
1. Dysphagia Unplugged
2. Normal Swallowing in Adults
PART II: DYSPHAGIA IN ADULTS
Section 1: Causes and Characteristics of Dysphagia
3. Aging and Dysphagia NEW!
4. Adult Neurologic Disorders
5. Dysphagia and Head and Neck Cancer
6. Esophageal Disorders
7. Respiratory Disorders
8. Iatrogenic Disorders
Section 2: Evaluation of Swallowing
9. Clinical Evaluation of Adults
10. Imaging Swallowing Examinations: Videofluoroscopy and Endoscopy
Section 3: Approaches to Treatment
11. Treatment for Adults
12. Ethical Considerations
PART III: DYSPHAGIA IN INFANTS AND CHILDREN
13. Typical Feeding and Swallowing Development in Infants and Children
14. Disorders Affecting Feeding and Swallowing in Infants and Children
15. Evaluating Feeding and Swallowing in Infants and Children
16. Treatment of Feeding and Swallowing Difficulties in Infants and Children
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.