Get practical answers from the only guide on the care of sheep, goats, and cervids! Authoritative yet easy to read, Sheep, Goat and Cervid Medicine, 3rd Edition covers all the latest advances in the field, including diseases and medical treatment, surgery, pain management, theriogenology, and nutrition. Clear instructions and hundreds of full-color photographs guide you step by step through common procedures including restraint for examination, administration of drugs, blood collection, and grooming. New to this edition is coverage of deer and elk medicine, reflecting the growing interest in these ruminants. Written by an expert team led by Dr. D.G. Pugh, this comprehensive reference is ideal for veterinarians and also for owners of sheep and goats.
New to this edition
NEW! Coverage of cervids has been added to chapters throughout the book, reflecting the growing popularity of deer and elk.
NEW! Thorough content updates are made throughout the book and reflect the latest research evidence.
NEW! 170 new clinical photos have been added.
NEW! Anesthesia and Pain Management chapter includes a new section on pain management strategies, reflecting the emphasis on controlling pain in small ruminants.
NEW! Expert Consult website offers an online version of the book, making it easy to search the entire book electronically.
NEW! Two new authors are respected and well-known veterinary medicine experts and educators: Dr. Misty Edmondson and Dr. Thomas Passler.
Table of Contents:
1. Physical Examination: Handling & Restraint of Sheep, Goats and Cervids
2. Feeding and Nutrition
3. Oral-Esophageal Diseases
5. Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
6. Diseases of the Respiratory System
7. Theriogenology of Sheep and Goats
8. Diseases of the Endocrine System
9. Diseases of the Integumentary System
10. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
11. Diseases of the Urinary System
12. Diseases of the Neurologic System
13. Diseases of the Eye
14. Diseases of the Mammary Gland
15. Diseases of the Hematologic, Immunologic, and Lymphatic Systems (Multisystem Diseases)
16. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
18. Anesthesia and Pain Management
19. Flock Health
20. Field Necropsy and Diagnostic Tests NEW!
Appendix I: Commonly Used Drugs and Veterinary Feed Directives in Sheep, Goats and Cervids
Appendix II: Practical Fluid Therapy
Appendix III: Normal Values and Conversions
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.
Registreer je om een Acco-aandeel aan te kopen of te koppelen en geniet meteen van korting. Inloggen/registreren is ook nodig om bepaalde bestanden te downloaden.Registreer