Spanning the entire childhood developmental period, Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence, 5th Edition is the go-to text for learning how to properly assess childhood language disorders and provide appropriate treatment. The most comprehensive title available on childhood language disorders, it uses a descriptive-developmental approach to present basic concepts and vocabulary, an overview of key issues and controversies, the scope of communicative difficulties that make up child language disorders, and information on how language pathologists approach the assessment and intervention processes. This new edition also features significant updates in research, trends, social skills assessment, and instruction best practices.
New to this edition
NEW! Common core standards for language arts incorporated into the preschool and school-age chapters.
NEW! Updated content features the latest research, theories, trends and techniques in the field.
Information on preparing high-functioning students with autism for college
Social skills training for students with autism
The role of the speech-language pathologist on school literacy teams and in response to intervention
Emerging theories of etiology and psychopathology added to Models of Child Language Disorders chapter
Use of emerging technologies for assessment and intervention
Table of Contents:
Section I: Topics in Child Language Disorders
1. Models of Child Language Disorders
3. Principles of Intervention
4. Special Considerations for Special Populations
5. Developmental Language Disorders in a Pluralistic Society
Section II. From Birth to Brown’s Stage V
6. Assessment and Intervention in the Prelinguistic Period
7. Assessment and Intervention for Emerging Language
8. Assessment of Developing Language
9. Intervention for Developing Language
Section III. Working with Language Learning Disabilities
10. Language, Reading, and Learning in School: What the Speech-Language Pathologist Needs to Know
11. Assessing Students’ Language for Learning
12. Intervening at the Language-for-Learning Period
13. Assessing Advanced Language
14. Intervention for Advanced Language
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.
Registreer je om een Acco-aandeel aan te kopen of te koppelen en geniet meteen van korting. Inloggen/registreren is ook nodig om bepaalde bestanden te downloaden.Registreer