New to this edition
Offers expanded coverage of microscopic anatomy.
Includes a chapter on performing special dissection procedures that may not be covered during a typical residency.
Examines important techniques, such as autopsy photography and radiology, microscopic examination, supplemental laboratory studies, and other investigative approaches.
Addresses the latest legal, social, and ethical issues relating to autopsies, as well as quality improvement and assurance.
Presents more than 600 full-color photographs depicting common gross and microscopic autopsy findings for every part of the body.
Correlates pathologic findings with their clinical causes to enhance diagnostic accuracy.
Improved images in the Atlas section provide greater visual understanding.
Additional online features include dissection videos demonstrating autopsy techniques; downloadable, commonly used forms for autopsy reports; and calculators for weights and measures.
Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience offers access to all of the text, figures, images, videos, forms, calculators, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents:
1. The Autopsy--Past and Present
2. Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues
3. Autopsy Biosafety
4. Basic Postmortem Examination
5. Postmortem Examination of Fetuses and Infants
6. Special Dissection Procedures
7. Autopsy Photography and Radiology
8. Microscopic Examination
9. Microscopic Findings
10. Supplemental Laboratory Studies
11. The Autopsy Report
12. Sudden Death Due to Natural Causes
13. Multiple Organ Dysfunction and Sepsis
14. Death Certification
15. Quality Management
16. Atlas of Autopsy Pathology
Appendix A: Description of Gross Autopsy Findings
17. Appendix B: Measures, Weights, and Assessment of Growth and Development
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.
Registreer je om een Acco-aandeel aan te kopen of te koppelen en geniet meteen van korting. Inloggen/registreren is ook nodig om bepaalde bestanden te downloaden.Registreer