Following recent developments in hypofractionated stereotactic radiation therapy (SRT) for brain and spine tumors, this new edition offers a fully updated and comprehensive "how-to" guidance on hypofractionated SRT for brain and spine metastases, glioma, benign tumors, and other tumor types. Presenting the state of the art of the technology and practice, this book:
• Discusses the pros and cons of hypofractionated SRT compared to single-fraction radiosurgery, providing a deeper understanding of radiosurgery and radiobiology
• Explains the toxicity and adverse effects of hypofractionated SRT including the dosage of 24 Gy in two spine SBRT fractionation schemes, aiding practitioners in communicating the risks and benefits of treatment and in obtaining consent from their patients
• Outlines the current standards for safe practice, including checklists for implementation
• Explores new technologies for brain and spine tumors including LITT, MR-guided focused ultrasound, and Zap technology, with chapters authored by well-recognized experts in the radiation, oncology, and neurosurgery communities; this book delivers a level of technological and clinical detail not available in journal papers
This book is suitable for radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons, and medical physicists who specialize in brain and/or spine radiosurgery or want to start a program and need a comprehensive reference with key checklists for practice.
Table of Contents
1. Tumor Vascular Modulation: Role of Endothelial cells, Ceramide and Vascular Targeted Therapies 2. Gamma Knife: From single fraction SRS to IG-HSRT 3. CyberKnife image-guided hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy 4. Li5. nac-based IG-HSRT technology 5. Advanced MRI for brain metastases 6. From frame to frameless: Brain radiosurgery 7. Principles of image-guided hypofractionated stereotactic radiosurgery for brain tumors 8. Principles of image-guided hypofractionated radiotherapy of spine metastases 9. Spine stereotactic body radiotherapy for the treatment of de novo spine metastasis 10. Image-guided hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for reirradiation of spinal metastases I1. G-HSRT for benign tumors of the spine 12. Postoperative spine IG-HSRT outcomes 13. Postoperative cavity image-guided stereotactic radiotherapy outcomes 14. Brain metastases image-guided hypofractionated radiation therapy: Rationale, approach, outcomes 15. Image-guided hypofractionated stereotactic whole-brain radiotherapy and simultaneous integrated boost for brain metastases 16. Image-guided hypofractionated radiation therapy for high-grade glioma 17. Hypo-fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for meningiomas, vestibular schwannomas and pituitary adenomas 18. Radiation Necrosis 19. Vertebral compression fracture post-spine SBRT 20. Spinal cord dose limits for stereotactic body radiotherapy 21. Summary of image-guided hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (IG-HSRT): Serious Late Toxicities and Strategies to Mitigate Risk 22. MR-guided focused ultrasound for brain tumors 23. Laser Thermal Therapy for Brain Tumors 24. Updates on laser interstital therapy for metastatic tumors of the spine 25. Stereotactic Radiotherapy & Intracranial Leptomeningeal Disease 26. Minimally invasive percutaneous treatment in the palliation of painful bone metastases 27. Proton stereotactic radiosurgery for brain metastases 28. The Zap-X: A Novel 3 Megavolt Linear Accelerator for Dedicated Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery 29. Immunotherapy and Radiosurgery for Brain and Spine Metastases 30. 24 Gy in 2 Daily Spine SBRT Fractions as Developed by the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre 31. MRI for spinal metastases and response determination 32. Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Metastatic Disease to the Sacrum 33. Radiomics and its Role in Predicting Radiotherapy Response and Outcome in Brain Metastasis
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.