Develop a working knowledge of radiologic science as it applies to producing diagnostic-quality images - and prepare for the Veterinary Technology National Exam (VTNE) - with Lavin’s Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 7th Edition! Written in a way that is easy to follow and understand, all aspects of imaging, including production, positioning, and evaluation of radiographs, are covered in this comprehensive text. All chapters have been thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated with vivid color equipment photos, positioning drawings, and detailed anatomy drawings. From foundational concepts to the latest in diagnostic imaging, this text is a valuable resource for students, technicians, and veterinarians alike!
New to this edition
NEW! Coverage of the latest protocols ensures all-inclusive coverage.
Table of Contents:
Section 1: The Technical Side of Imaging
1. The Basics of Atoms and Electricity
2. Diagnostic Xray Production
3. Radiation Safety and Protection
Section 2: Film and Digital Imaging
4. Imaging on Film
5. Producing the Image
6. Optimizing the Image
7. Processing the Image on Film
8. Computerized Radiography; Digital Imaging
9. Quality Control, Testing and Artifacts
Section 3: Specialized Imaging
12. Computerized Tomography
13. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
14. Nuclear Medicine and Intro to P.E.T.
15. Overview of Positioning
16. Small Animal Abdomen
17. Small Animal Thorax
18. Small Animal Forelimb
19. Small Animal Pelvis and Pelvic Limb
20. Small Animal Vertebral Column
21. Small Animal Skull
22. Dental Imaging and Radiography
23. Small Animal Special Procedures
24. Equine and Large Animal Radiography
25. Avian and Exotic Radiography
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.