Presents a visual, step-by-step method for scanning and image documentation to provide diagnostic sonograms for physicians. Scanning principles and specific instructions are provided to improve the quality of sonographic studies and establish standardization. The text includes criteria for professionalism and clinical skills, plus requisites for handling ultrasound equipment, image labeling, image technique, and case presentation. A universal method for scanning and documenting pathologies is provided. The protocol chapters provide detailed scanning protocols for the major blood vessels and organs of the abdomen, the male and female pelvic regions and obstetrics. Protocols for the abdomen, scrotum, thyroid gland, breast, neonatal brain, vascular and cardiac systems are also included.
New to this edition
NEW! Updated content reflects the latest ARDMS standards and AIUM guidelines.
NEW! Thoroughly updated scanning protocols follow AIUM guidelines and offer essential information on patient preparation, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images.
NEW! Flexible soft cover makes it easy to take notes and transport content.
Table of Contents:
1. Clinical Principles
2. Scanning Planes and Scanning Methods
3. Scanning Protocol for Abnormal Findings
4. Abdominal Aorta Scanning Protocol
5. Inferior Vena Cava Scanning Protocol
6. Liver Scanning Protocol
7. Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Scanning Protocol
8. Pancreas Scanning Protocol
9. Renal Scanning Protocol
10. Spleen Scanning Protocol
11. Image Protocol for Full and Limited Studies of the Abdomen
12. Female Pelvis Scanning Protocol
13. Transvaginal Sonography
14. Obstetrics Scanning Protocol for First, Second, and Third Trimesters
15. Male Pelvis Scanning Protocol for the Prostate Gland, Scrotum, and Penis
16. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands Scanning Protocol
17. Breast Scanning Protocol
18. Neonatal Brain Scanning Protocol
19. Musculoskeletal Scanning Protocol NEW!
20. Abdominal Doppler and Color Flow
21. Cerebrovascular Duplex Scanning Protocol
22. Peripheral Arterial and Venous Duplex Scanning Protocols
A Guidelines for Performance of the Abdominal and Retroperitoneal Ultrasound Examination
B Guidelines for Performance of the Scrotal Ultrasound Examination
C Guidelines for Performance of the Antepartum Obstetrical Ultrasound Examination
D Guidelines for Performance of the Ultrasound Examination of the Female Pelvis
E Guidelines for Performance of the Ultrasound Examination of the Prostate (and Surrounding Structures)
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.