Ideal for any on-call professional, resident, or medical student, this popular reference by Drs. Randolph S. Marshall and Stephen A. Mayer covers the common problems you’ll encounter while on call without direct supervision in the hospital. On Call Neurology, 4th Edition, fits perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations. You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call - from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
New to this edition
Provides updated content and references, as well as an up-to-date drug formulary, keeping you on the cutting edge of current, evidence-based information.
Includes the latest information on headache, demyelinating diseases, infections of the central nervous system, dementia, and more.
NEW! Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents:
1. Approach to the Neurologic Patient on Call: History Taking, Differential Diagnosis, and Anatomic Localization
2. The Neurologic Examiniation
3. Diagnostic Studies
Patient-Related Problems: The Common Calls
4. Acute Seizures and Status Epilepticus
5. Stupor and Coma
6. Acute Stroke
7. Spinal Cord Compression
8. Delirium and Amnesia
9. Head Injury
10. Focal Mass Lesions
11. Ataxia and Gait Failure
12. Acute Visual Disturbances
13. Increased Intracranial Pressure
14. Dizziness and Vertigo
16. Neuromuscular Respiratory Failure
18. Pain Syndromes
19. Brain Death
Selected Neurologic Disorders
20. Nerve and Muscle Diseases
21. Demyelinating and Inflammatory Disorders of the Central Nervous System
22. Infections of the Central Nervous System
24. Cerebrovascular Disease
25. Movement Disorders
26. Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
27. Pediatric Neurology
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.