Well-organized and vibrantly illustrated throughout, Handbook of Liver Disease is a comprehensive yet concise handbook providing authoritative guidance on key clinical issues in liver disease. The quick-reference outline format ensures that you’ll find answers when you need them, and cover-to-cover updates keep you abreast of the recent rapid changes in the field. Written by leading international experts in hepatology, this reference is ideal for hepatologists, gastroenterologists, internists, family practitioners, trainees, and others who diagnose and manage patients with liver disorders.
New to this edition
Features expanded hepatitis chapters, including completely updated coverage of new, safe, and effective oral regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C.
Provides completely updated coverage of: alcoholic liver disease * autoimmune hepatitis * portal hypertension * primary biliary cholangitis * hepatic tumors * cirrhosis * nonalcoholic liver disease * liver transplantation * and more.
Includes the latest information on adolescents with liver disease moving into adult care.
Covers the revised criteria for prioritizing liver transplantation using the MELDNa score, new options for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, and improved management of hepatorenal syndrome.
Table of Contents:
1. Assessment of Liver Function and Diagnostic Studies
2. Acute Liver Failure
3. Hepatitis A and Hepatitis E
4. Hepatitis B and Hepatitis D
5. Hepatitis C
6. Hepatitis Caused by Other Viruses
7. Autoimmune Hepatitis
8. Alcoholic Liver Disease
9. Fatty Liver and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis
10. Drug-Induced and Toxic Liver Disease
11. Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension
12. Portal Hypertension and Gastrointestinal Bleeding
13. Ascites and Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis
14. Hepatorenal Syndrome
15. Hepatic Encephalopathy
16. Primary Biliary Cholangitis
17. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
19. Wilson Disease and Related Disorders
20. Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency and Other Metabolic Liver Diseases
21. Budd-Chiari Syndrome and Other Vascular Disorders
22. The Liver in Heart Failure
23. The Liver in Pregnancy
24. The Liver in Systemic Disease
25. Pediatric Liver Disease
26. Liver Disease in the Elderly
27. Hepatobiliary Complications of HIV
28. Granulomatous Liver Disease
29. Hepatic Tumors
30. Hepatic Abscesses and Cysts
31. Other Infections Involving the Liver
32. Surgery in the Patient with Liver Disease and Postoperative Jaundice
33. Liver Transplantation
34. Cholelithiasis and Cholecystitis
35. Diseases of the Bile Ducts
36. Tumors of the Biliary Tract
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.