From patient preparation to hand washing, from equipment to basic surgical procedures, this highly practical manual by Drs. Christopher J. Hartman and Louis R. Kavoussi, provides students, residents, and clinicians with a firm foundation in the core techniques and skills required for the operating room environment. Concise and easy to read, it uses a highly illustrated, step-by-step approach to teach the must-know information common to the culture, resources, and processes of today’s operating rooms.
Table of Contents:
Introduction: The Surgical Culture
1. Preoperative Preparation of the Patient
2. Welcome to the Operative Theater
3. Patient Positioning and Prepping
4. Scrubbing and Staying Sterile
5. Basic Tools of the Trade and How to Use Them
6. Assisting in the OR: How to Help and Not Get in the Way
7. Sutures and Suturing
8. Making an Incision
9. Repairing the Damage: Closing an Incision
10. Postoperative Care
11. Minimally-Invasive Surgery
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.