NEW! Genetic and Biomarker Testing of Cardiovascular Diseases chapter covers genetic testing for mutations associated with specific cardiac diseases and testing for circulating substances indicative of heart disease or injury.
NEW! Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease chapter focuses on the significant role nutrition can play in preventing or treating cardiac disease.
NEW! Significantly revised Echocardiography chapter features the latest information on indications and the role of the electrocardiogram in clinical practice.
NEW! All new doppler echocardiogram images in the Feline Cardiomyopathy chapter show the primary cardiomyopathies, including: severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, severe hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, severe dilated cardiomyopathy, severe endomyocardial fibrosis and restrictive cardiomyopathy, severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, and severe arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.
NEW! Section on hybrid cardiac procedures in the Cardiac Surgery chapter include image-guided catheter-based interventions with direct transcardiac (transatrial, transventricular, transapical) surgical approaches to the heart.
Table of Contents:
Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease
1. The History of Physical Examination
2. Radiology of the Heart
4. Echocardiography and Doppler Ultrasound
5. Special Diagnostic Techniques for Evaluation of Cardiac Disease
6. Laboratory Diagnosis of Cardiac Disease NEW!
Section 2: Cardiovascular Diseases
7. Acquired Valvular Disease
8. Canine Cardiomyopathy
9. Feline Cardiomyopathy
10. Cor Pulmonale & Pulmonary Thromboembolism
11. Canine and Feline Heartworm Disease
12. Cardiac Tumors and Pericardial Disease
13. Congenital Heart Disease
14. Cardiovascular Disorders in Systemic Diseases
15. Systemic Hypertension
Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
16. Pathophysiology and Therapy of Heart Failure
17. Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
18. Cardiopulmonary Arrest and Resuscitation
19. Emergency Management and Critical Care
20. Anesthesia of the Cardiac Patient
21. Cardiac Surgery
22. Pacemaker Therapy
23. Nutrition and Cardiac Disease NEW!
1. Canine Breed Predilections for Heart Disease
2. Available Canine and Feline Genetic Tests for Breed-Specific Cardiac Disease NEW!
3. Breed-Specific Cardiac Conditions for Dogs and Cats NEW!
4. Genetic Testing Centers NEW!
5. Common Cardiovascular Drugs
6. New Guidelines for CPR NEW!
7. Echocardiographic Normals by Body Weight & Breed
8. Chief Classification System of Canine Congestive Heart Failure
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.