Part of the "What Do I Do Now?" series, Movement Disorders uses a case-based approach to cover common and important topics in the examination, investigation, and management of Parkinson's disease, gait disorders, dystonia, and other movement disorders. Each chapter provides a discussion of the diagnosis, key points to remember, and selected references for further reading. For this edition, all cases and references have been updated and fifteen new cases have been added including: Genetic testing in Parkinson's disease, Dementia with Lewy Bodies, Fragile X Tremor Ataxia Syndrome, Botulinum Toxin, Catatonia, and Serotonin Syndrome. Movement Disorders is an engaging collection of thought-provoking cases which clinicians can utilize when they encounter difficult patients. The volume is also a self-assessment tool that tests the reader's ability to answer the question, "What do I do now?"^
PART I. PARKINSON'S DISEASE
1. Smoothing Out the Ups and Downs
2. "He Wants it All the Time, Doctor"
3. Becoming a Little Forgetful
4. Beyond Tremor, Slowness and Stiffness
5. Is Now the Time...?
6. When Less is More
7. "Are My Children at Risk, Doctor?"
8. "I am not Sure if I Should do DaT...?"
PART II. ATYPICAL PARKINSONISM
9. Parkinson's Disease with an Unusual Tremor
10. Falling All the Time
11. "My Arm is Not Working"
12. "I See Them Sitting on My Bed, Doctor"
PART III. OTHER GAIT DISORDERS
13. A New Loss of Order
14. The Higher Order Gait Disorder
15. Siblings with Instability
16. Parkinson's or Essential Tremor?
PART IV. DYSTONIA
17. Seizures and Shakes
18. A tremor with an Abnormal Posture
19. Advanced Treatment in Dystonia
20. Twists and Turns
PART V. OTHER MOVEMENT DISORDERS
21. Delayed and Often Persistent
22. The Stand Alone Tremor
23. "She is so Fidgety"
24. "I Have Never Seen Anything Like it Before"
25. Slow with an Altered Sensorium
26. "It Has to be Functional!"
27. Could it possibly Be...?
28. A Rapidly Progressive Movement Disorder
PART VI. MOVEMENT DISORDER EMERGENCIES
29. Wakeful Unresponsiveness
30. The Iatrogenic Catatonia
31. Always Worth a Second Look
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.