Part of the "What Do I Do Now?" series, Stroke uses a case-based approach to cover common and important topics in the diagnosis and treatment of stroke. Each chapter provides an overview of the approach to the problem in question followed by a discussion of the diagnosis, key points to remember, and selected references for further reading. For this edition, all cases have been carefully revised, and new information and references have been added. Stroke is an engaging collection of thought-provoking cases which clinicians can utilize when they encounter difficult patients on the ward or in the clinic. The volume is also a self-assessment tool that tests the reader's ability to answer the question, "What do I do now?"
Table of Contents
1. Confused After a Nap
2. Headache After a Beach Trip
3. Why Are You Staring Over There?
4. Dizziness and Ataxia After Lifting a Vacuum
5. Two Generations with Strokes and Cognitive Decline
6. Ms. H Heads to the Hospital
7. The Weak Construction Worker
8. Twisted Tongue and Dizzy Head
9. Right hemibody weakness in a man having lightning-like transient pain of his face over the prior year
10. Blurry Vision
11. Gastroenteritis with Dizziness and Ataxia
12. Neck Pain Followed Soon by Right Hemiparesis
13. Sudden Onset of Double Vision and Left Ataxic Hemiparesis
14. Arm Pain and Swelling Followed by Headache, Right Weakness and Aphasia
15. More Than Meets the Eye
16. A Rusty Pipe
17. Eyelid Droopiness and Body Weakness
18. A Pain in the Hand
19. A Ticking Time Bomb
21. Double Vision and Jumpy Eyes
22. Between a Rock and a Hard Place
23. Follow Your Heart or Your Brain?
24. A Bloody Mesh
25. A Lernaean Hydra
26. It looks like a stroke, walks like a stroke, behaves like a stroke. Is it a stroke?
27. A Relentless Headache
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.