Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: From Etiology to Clinical Practice discusses NPC from basic science, to clinical management through the perspective of members of the Centre for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Research in Hong Kong. It encompasses not only the most detailed information about multiple aspects of NPC, but also the modern day research model of scientist-clinician collaboration, focusing on bench-to-bedside approach. Basic science is covered, discussing genetics and genomics in NPC and its epidemiology and the role of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV). Translational research is also covered, presenting topics such as animal models, plasma EBV DNA, molecular imaging and immunotherapy, amongst other topics.
This book is a valuable source for cancer researchers, oncologists, medical oncologists and several members of the biomedical field who are interested in learning more about NPC management from both clinical and research perspectives.
Written by members of the Centre for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Research
Extensively covers various aspects of NPC, including basic science and the clinical advances of both scientists and clinicians
Discusses the molecular information gained through laboratory studies to stimulate research on new treatment strategies
Table of Contents
1. Nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A history
2. NPC genetics and genomics
3. Pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: histogenesis, EBV infection and tumour microenvironment
4. Epidemiology and population screening
5. Establishment of NPC cell line, patient-derived xenografts (PDXs) and immortalized nasopharyngeal epithelial cells for NPC and EBV infection study
6. Translational studies: Drug candidates and preclinical testing
7. Conventional and novel diagnostic biomarkers and approaches for detection of nasopharyngeal carcinoma
8. Imaging of nasopharyngeal carcinoma
9. Staging of nasopharyngeal carcinoma based on 8th edition of the AJCC/UICC staging system
10. Standard of care for NPC (2018-2020)
11. International consensus on delineation of target volumes and organs at risk
12. Advances in radiotherapy
13. Salvage of local recurrence
14. Management of metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma
15. Cancer immunotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma
16. Concluding chapter: Nasopharyngeal carcinoma – basic science
17. Concluding chapter: Nasopharyngeal cancer – clinical aspects
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.