Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: A Guide for Clinicians is a practical book developed to assist clinicians, pathologist and molecular biologist in the management of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). MPM represents a challenge in terms of diagnosis, staging and treatment, and to date, the optimal management of MPM patients has not yet been clearly defined – and this book is intended to be an efficient tool for these cases.
The book encompasses topics such as epidemiology and surveillance evidence, multimodality imaging assessment of MPM, pathology, molecular mechanisms and treatment of such disease. Additionally, it discusses the standard operative procedures and the future directions for the management of MPM from experts’ experiences. Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: A Guide for Clinicians is a valuable source for oncologists, pathologist, cancer researchers, thoracic specialists and several members of biomedical field who needs to learn more from experts about the diagnosis, operative procedures and treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma.
Offers operative procedure sections in each chapter
Brings updated information on epidemiology, molecular mechanism, diagnosis and treatment of MPM from experts of the field
Provides innovative and prospective approaches for the management of mesotheliomas
Table of Contents
1. Epidemiology and surveillance evidence
2. Multimodality Imaging assessment of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
3. Surgery of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
4. Diagnostic pathology of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: cytological, histological, immunohistochemical features
5. Molecular mechanisms in the pathogenesis of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: predictive and prognostic factors
6. The treatment of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: from the current standard to novel possible therapeutic strategies
7. Future directions in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma: an overview of the expert opinion
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.