Boost your skills in planning and managing physical rehabilitation! Neuroscience: Fundamentals for Rehabilitation, 5th Edition provides a practical guide to the nervous system and how it affects the practice of physical and occupational therapy. Case studies and first-person stories from people with neurologic disorders make it easier to apply your knowledge to the clinical setting. New to this edition is a new chapter on neuroanatomy imaging. Written by noted PT educator Laurie Lundy-Ekman, this book uses evidence-based research to help you understand neurologic disorders and treat clients who have physical limitations due to nervous system damage or disease.
New to this edition
New Atlas and Imaging chapter includes that combines clinical illustrationMRI and CT images. with gross anatomy images will provide students and therapists with a background for understanding film studies of their patients.
NEW! Updated content reflects the most current research findings.
NEW! Reader-friendly approach converts long, technical chapters into smaller, more accessible chapters.
NEW! Reorganized chapters more clearly demonstrate the progression from the molecular and cellular view of neuroscience to body systems and then to regions of the body.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Neuroscience
Part 1: Overview of Neurology
3. Neurologic Disorders and the Neurologic Exam
4. Atlas and Imaging
Part 2: Cellular Level Function
5. Physical and Electrical Properties of Cells in the Nervous System
6. Neural Communication: Synaptic and Extrasynaptic Transmission
Part 3: Development
8. Development of the Nervous System
Part 4: Vertical Systems
9. Autonomic Nervous System
10. Peripheral Somatosensory System
11. Central Somatosensory System
12. Pain as a Disease: Neuropathic Pain, Central Sensitivity Syndromes, and Pain Syndromes
13. Motor Neurons and Spinal Region Motor Function
14. Motor Tracts
15. The Cerebellum and the Spinocerebellar Pathways
16. Basal ganglia: Motor, Executive, Social, Behavioral, and Emotional Functions
Part 5: Regions
17. Peripheral Region
18. Spinal Region
19. Cranial Nerves
20. Brainstem Region
21. Visual System
22. Vestibular System
24. Cerebrospinal Fluid System
25. Vascular System
27. Frontal Lobe and Medial Temporal Lobe: Goal-Directed Behavior, Self Awareness, Emotions and Behavior, Memory
28. Parietotemporal Association Area: Communication, Spatial Understanding
29. Cerebral Blood Supply, Stroke, Disorders of Vascular Formation, Cerebral Edema, Brain Herniation
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.