Ideal for students and as a review for practicing clinicians, Goldberger's Clinical Electrocardiography explains the fundamentals of ECG interpretation and analysis, helping facilitate an understanding of rhythm disorders and the relevant clinical outcomes. The authors take readers through the nuts and bolts of ECG, using Dr. Ary Goldberger’s award-winning teaching style to clarify complex concepts in an easy-to-read manner. You'll learn simple waveform analysis and beyond to present ECGs as they are used in hospital wards, outpatient clinics, emergency departments, and most especially intensive care units - where the recognition of normal and abnormal patterns is the starting point in patient care.
New to this edition
Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Includes new self-assessment ECGs and questions in the Expert Consult eBook.
Enhances your understanding of difficult concepts through several new illustrations and animations.
Highlights the latest information on intraventricular and atrioventricular (AV) conduction disturbances; sudden cardiac arrest; myocardial ischemia and infarction; drug toxicities; and electronic pacemakers and ICDs.
PART ONE: Basic Principles and Patterns
Essential Concepts: What is an ECG?
ECG Basics: Waves, Intervals, and Segments
How to Make Basic Measurements
The Normal ECG
Electrical Axis and Axis Deviation
Atrial and Ventricular Enlargement
Ventricular Conduction Disturbances: Bundle Branch Blocks and Related Abnormalities
Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia, Part I: ST Segment Elevation and Q Wave Syndromes
Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia, Part II: Non-ST Segment Elevation and Non-Q Wave Syndromes
Drug Effects, Electrolyte Abnormalities, and Metabolic Effects
Pericardial, Myocardial, and Pulmonary Syndromes
PART TWO: Cardiac Rhythm Disturbances
13. Sinus and Escape Rhythms
14. Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Part I: Premature Beats and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardias (PSVTs)
15. Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Part II: Atrial Flutter and Atrial Fibrillation
16. Ventricular Arrhythmias
17. AV Conduction Abnormalities, Part I: Delays, Blocks, and Dissociation Syndromes
18. AV Conduction Abnormalities, Part II: Preexcitation (Wolff-Parkinson-White) Patterns and Syndromes
PART THREE: Special Topics and Reviews
Bradycardias and Tachycardias: Review and Differential Diagnosis
20. Digitalis Toxicity
21. Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Sudden Cardiac Death
22. Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators: Essentials for Clinicians
23. Interpreting ECGs: An Integrative Approach
24. Limitations and Uses of the ECG
25. ECG Differential Diagnoses: Instant Replays
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.