Recognize and treat the parasites seen in veterinary practice! Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition features clear and concise discussions of the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites. Chapters are organized by parasite group - including nematodes, cestodes, trematodes, protozoans, arthropods, and leeches - and include a detailed description of the group, with special emphasis on morphology, life cycle, and important parasites. Then in each chapter, material is conveniently organized by host species: dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, swine, birds, lab animals, fish, and reptiles. Written by noted educators Charles Hendrix and Ed Robinson, this full-color, spiral-bound book provides the knowledge that veterinary technicians need to collect samples, perform lab procedures, and communicate with clients and other members of the veterinary team.
New to this edition
NEW case studies provide more opportunities to apply what you have learned, and bring to life a subject that can be dry and difficult.
UPDATED information throughout provides the most up-to-date coverage of the parasites most often seen in veterinary practice.
NEW! End-of-chapter matching exercises and online activities make study and review easier.
Table of Contents:
Table of Parasites by Host Species
1. The Language of Veterinary Parasitology
2. Parasites That Infect and Infest Domestic Animals
3. Introduction to the Nematodes
4. Nematodes that Infect Domestic Animals
5. The Phylum Platyhelminthes, Class Cestoda
6. Tapeworms that Parasitize Domestic Animals and Humans
7. The Phylum Platyhlminthes, Class Trematoda
8. Trematodes (Flukes) of Animals and Humans
9. The Phylum Acanthocephala
10. The Protozoans
11. Common Protozoans That Infect Domestic Animals
12. Introduction to the Arthropods
13. Arthropods That Infect and Infest Domestic Animals
14. Introduction to the Phylum Arthropoda, Subphylum Pentastomida
15. The Phylum Annelida
16. Parasites of Public Health Importance in Veterinary Parasitology
17. Common Laboratory Procedures for Diagnosing Parasitism
18. Reference to Common Parasite Ova and Forms Seen in Veterinary Medicine
Appendix: Parasite Reference List by Species and Parasite Type
Onze klantenservice staat voor je klaar. Raadpleeg onze veelgestelde vragen of neem contact op.