Master the basics of rehab patient care with Pierson and Fairchild’s Principles & Techniques of Patient Care, 6th Edition. This proven text not only provides clear "how-to" information on everything from positioning and draping to patient transfers and ambulation activities, but it also includes easy-to-understand rationales explaining the "why" behind these proven techniques. This new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the most current accepted patient care standards, principles, and techniques. Plus, additional video clips and expanded learning resources will help ensure you have a solid mastery of patient care in the rehabilitation setting.
New to this edition
NEW! Procedures index lists all of the procedures covered in the text to help you quickly locate procedure descriptions while working in the clinical setting.
NEW! Additional video clips demonstrate patient transfers, ambulation with aids, donning and doffing PPE, and maneuvering a wheelchair.
NEW! Video clip table of contents lists over 30 video clips in the front matter of the text.
Table of Contents:
1. Preparation for Patient Care Activities
2. Approaches to Infection Control
3. Assessment of Vital Signs
4. Body Mechanics
5. Positioning and Draping
6. Basic Exercise: Passive and Active Range of Motion
7. Features and Activities of Wheelchairs
8. Transfer Activities
9. Assistive Devices, Patterns, and Activities
10. Special Equipment and Patient Care Environments
11. Basic Wound Care and Specialized Interventions
12. Incidents and Emergencies
13. Americans with Disabilities Act and Environmental Assessments
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.