This popular, must-have text remains the only encyclopedic resource for veterinary internal medical problems. The internationally acclaimed "gold standard" offers unparalleled coverage of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting dogs and cats, as well as the latest information on the genome, clinical genomics, euthanasia, innocent heart murmurs, hyperbaric medicine, home prepared and raw diets, obesity, botulism, artificial pacing of the heart, cancer vaccines, and more. The 8th edition combines the convenience of a two-volume printed textbook with the enhanced functionality of an Expert Consult website that enables you to electronically search your entire book and study more efficiently. With instant access to the most reliable information available, you’ll always be at the forefront of veterinary care!
New to this edition
Thoroughly updated and expanded content, including 90 new chapters, addresses the latest developments across the full spectrum of small animal care.
Companion Expert Consult website enhances your learning experience with the ability to search the entire electronic text instantly for easy reference. Expert Consult also gives you instant access to:
More than 150 procedural videos that guide you step-by-step through essential procedures.
Audio files that help you identify heart abnormalities by their sound.
Table of Contents:
1. The Physical Examination
2. Clinical Problem Solving: Using This Textbook NEW!
3. Clueing in Customers
4. The Genome NEW!
5. Gene Therapy NEW!
6. Clinical Genomics NEW!
7. Rational Use of Diagnostic Tests NEW!
8. Euthanasia NEW!
9. Home Euthanasia NEW!
10. Hyperthermia and Fever of Unknown Origin
12. Pain Identification and Management
13. The Skin as a Sensor of Internal Medicine Disorders
14. Alopecia NEW!
16. Cutaneous and Subcutaneous Lumps, Bumps, and Masses
17. Erosions and Ulcerations
18. Pustules and Papules
19. Scaling and Crusting Dermatoses NEW!
20. Changes in Pigmentation
21. Fleas, Flea Allergy, and Flea Control
22. Genital Dermatoses NEW!
23. Other External Parasites
24. Edema NEW!
25. Hepatocutaneous Syndrome
26. Management of Atopy NEW!
27. Obesity, Biology, and Management NEW!
29. Failure to Grow
30. Swollen Joints and Lameness NEW!
31. Body Odors
32. Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Disease
33. Acute Vision Loss in Small Animals
34. Abdominal Distention, Ascites, and Peritonitis NEW!
36. Vaginal, Vulvar, and Preputial Discharge
37. Polyuria and Polydipsia
38. Micturition Disorders and Urinary Incontinence
39. Hematuria and Other Conditions Causing Discolored Urine NEW!
40. Proteinuria NEW!
41. Anorexia NEW!
43. Periodontitis NEW!
45. Gagging NEW!
46. Dysphagia and Regurgitation EW!
49. Melena and Hematochezia NEW!
50. Constipation, Tenesmus, Dyschezia, and Fecal Incontinence NEW!
52. Neurologic Manifestations of System
Our customer service is happy to help. Consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.